Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
You are subscribed to Southwest Florida Water Management District. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.Lower Your Monthly Water Bill for Water Conservation Month While You Shelter at Home
We’re halfway through Water Conservation Month, and the Southwest Florida Water Management District (District) encourages citizens to do their part to save water in and around their homes.
While we shelter at home to stay safe, here’s more water saving tips to lower your monthly water bill and save hundreds of gallons of water:
- Ensure rain sensors are operating properly. Irrigating during or after significant rainfall is a major cause of outdoor water waste and can cost you money.
- Check that all irrigation spray nozzles, or sprinklers, are irrigating areas efficiently and effectively. Inspection and maintenance should be done regularly.
- Upgrade existing irrigation controllers to SMART technology, which can reduce irrigation use by up to 23% and put more money back in your pocket.
- Switch to WaterSense labeled products including indoor showerheads, bathroom facets and toilets to save hundreds of gallons of water a week.
- Consider updating appliances like dishwashers and washing machines to Energy Star rated products. This can significantly cut back your water use.
For more information about water conservation, please visit the District’s website at WaterMatters.org/Conservation.