Small Cells and 5G: What Does the FCC’s April Deadline Mean for Towns and Counties?
Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 2:00 pm ET / 11:00 am PT
Small cells and emerging 5G communications hold tremendous promise for better, faster and cheaper communications serving communities around the United States. In a move to speed these installations, the FCC issued its Third Report and Order on “Accelerating Wireless Broadband Deployment by Removing Barriers to Infrastructure Investment.” Learn More.
Critical Communications Insights
Director, Product Line, Metro Cell Solutions
& Editorial Director
American City & County
With new limits on what communities can do to control small cell installations and faced with short fuse shot clocks for local decisions, communities must be ready with a plan before the Report and Order takes effect on April 15.
This webinar will provide municipal officials with vital background information about small cells and 5G along with actionable recommendations for developing FCC-compliant regulations that respect the aesthetic values of the community.
In our webinar, you will learn:
• What small cells are and why they are important to the community
• What 5G is and how the technology helps your community
• What the FCC Third Report and Order means for local governments
• What regulations municipalities can establish to ensure small cell installations match local aesthetic values
• What solutions are available to help small cells blend into the environment
Don’t wait, register now!
Not able to attend? Register anyway! Archived versions of American City & County webinars are available to watch On Demand shortly after broadcast. You will receive an email with login instructions as soon as the replay is available.