The Roadway Lighting Technician Level II review is an advanced certification program that is designed to build upon the fundamentals of the Roadway Lighting Level I program. The Level II program covers an advanced level of knowledge and skill sets required specifically for roadway lighting design, installation, management and maintenance.
The review material covered in this program is:
- Roadway Lighting Design
- Electrical Requirements
- Structural and Construction Requirements
- Roadway Lighting Inspection
- Inspection of Underground Facilities
- Inspection of Poles
- Inspection of Overhead Equipment
- Roadway Lighting Control Systems
- Lighting Design Calculations
- Maintenance and Management
- Reference Documents
This program is intended for those responsible for the design, installation, management and maintenance of roadway lighting who seek an advanced level of professional certification.
Prerequisites: Work Zone Temporary Traffic Control Technician Certification or equivalent as approved by the IMSA Section Certification Chair, Roadway Lighting Technician Level I, and two years of roadway lighting field experience.