The Florida Water and Pollution Control Operators Association presents awards to persons in recognition of their personal achievements in several professional disciplines within the water utility industry. The association also presents awards to organizations in recognition of their efforts in publicizing the industry, and for promoting safety within their agency.
The FW&PCOA presents the awards at Annual Awards Luncheon held during the Fall State Short School.
Perhaps you know of someone or an organization that deserves special recognition of their achievements. If you do, the FW&PCOA encourages you to submit their name in nomination. The association is now accepting nominations for the following awards:
- Dr. A. P. Black Award – Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, and Systems Operators
- Emory Dawkins Award – FW&PCOA Regional Newsletter
- Raymond Bordner Award – Water Distribution or Wastewater Collection Systems Operator with more than 10 years of service
- Nathan Pope Award – Stormwater Management
- Theodore Kamien Award – Backflow and Cross-Connection Control
- Robert E. Heilman Award – Industrial Pretreatment
- Joseph V. Towry Award – Water Reclamation
- Utility Maintenance Award – Utility Maintenance
- Outstanding Web Site Award – Best Web Site by a Utility or Municipality
- Safety Awards – Recognizing Outstanding Safety
The post mark deadline for the Safety Award nominations is
June 1, 2018.
For all other award nominations, the deadline is June 30, 2018.
For additional information on the awards, including the award nomination forms, please click on the following link to access the awards catalog.
2018 Fall Awards Catalog