As the largest wholesale drinking water supplier in the southeastern United States, Tampa Bay Water ultimately provides water to more than 2.3 million people in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties and the cities of New Port Richey, St. Petersburg and Tampa. Our mission seems so simple—to reliably provide clean, safe water to the Tampa Bay region now and for future generations. In reality, it’s a complex process that requires a dedicated, skilled staff to ensure a continuous flow of water to our customers. At Tampa Bay Water we share a common set of values—safety, continuous improvement and innovation. We fulfill our mission in partnership with our stakeholders in a responsible, efficient and environmentally sustainable manner. Our success is driven by people who thrive in our environment. If you share these values and meet the listed qualifications for this position, please visit www.tampabaywater.org to complete our application and submit your resume. Resumes submitted without a completed Application will not be considered.
We are seeking an Electrician I. While under general supervision, plans and performs skilled electrical work in the design, installation, maintenance as well as troubleshooting and repair of all electrical components of a water delivery system. These systems operate at voltages ranging from 120 volts to 13.2 KV and include but are not limited to emergency power generators, motor control centers, 3 phase motors and transformers. In addition to electrical work the person will need to assist maintenance technicians with mechanical design, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance of pumps,
Water Production Roles:
• Serves as a support to staff in: o Researching methods for improving the Agency in support of the mission, vision and values.
o Developing and reviewing Agency plans and improvements that support the Agency mission, vision and values.
o Engineering, Operations, Construction and other departments as requested.
• Ability to work effectively in a term-based organization focused on continuous improvement; establish and maintain a positive customer service attitude and effective working relationship with internal and external customers; demonstration of strong two-way communication skills, including the ability to listen, explain, and facilitate; ability to ask for input; offer help without being asked; accept suggestions; work with others to solve problems; and provide recognition and encouragement; ability to address team members’ needs, identifying issues and concerns, exploring solutions, and implementing improvements. Seek ways to continuously improve processes.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Performs skilled installation, maintenance and repair of pumps and associated machinery, equipment and electrical components used in water distribution systems. • Inspects equipment to determine that all equipment is operating properly. • Programming and troubleshooting of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), dependent on skill level. • Panel design, build up and installation • Development and maintenance of control logic for chemical feed systems, high pressure pumps and flow, level and pressure controls. • Maintenance of back up and auxiliary power systems (generators, UPSs and automatic transfer switches). • Works with and oversees outside electrical contractors to ensure all work completed within required parameters. • Completion of predictive maintenance testing such as vibration analysis, ultrasonic testing, infrared camera and voltage test equipment. • Performs reviews of capital project engineering design packages when requested. Provides coordination and assistance during capital project construction when requested. • Participates in the construction and maintenance of potable water-related components and facilities; prepares documentation and related correspondence. • Coordinates with outside contractors and project managers pertaining to warranty repairs. • Modifies or enhances electrical installations to meet needs and integrate into existing systems. • Participates in the maintenance of plant and wellfield equipment and component parts. • Reads and records data registered on telemetry gauges; makes minor adjustments as required. • Attends and participates in Agency safety training program and maintains proficiency with respirator use, CPR and first aid, forklift and manlift safety, confined space procedures, electrical safe work practices, lockout/tagout procedures, chemical safe handling and personal protective equipment (PPE) use, trenching and shoring procedures, and traffic safety. • Performs routine maintenance, prepares routine reports and maintains records concerning assigned duties. • Uses of Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) to document work effort. • Participate in cross training program as requested. • Complete work according to guidelines provided by the Scheduler/Planner when applicable. • Completes work in support of meeting department and team performance indicators and measures. • Participation in on-call program after manager approval. • Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Agency. • Observes Safety Policies and Procedures in accordance with the Agency Safety Program. • Performs related work as directed. Disaster Service Worker: Employees of Tampa Bay Water are, by State and Federal law, Disaster Service Workers. In the event of a declaration of emergency, any employee may be assigned activities that promote the protection of public health and safety or the preservation of lives and property, either at the Agency or within the local or their own community.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Two (2) years verifiable industrial/commercial electrical systems experience.
• Understanding of NEC and NFPA 70E
• Experience designing, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining power and lighting distribution equipment.
• Experience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining variable frequency drives, soft starts, motor control centers, motor starters and a working knowledge of motor controls. Experience working with emergency power generators and associated equipment with working voltages ranging from 480v to 13.2kv.
• Mechanical experience installing and repairing pumps of all sizes and designs.
• Must have working knowledge of basic computer skills, with experience utilizing spreadsheets and databases to enter and maintain information related to maintenance operations.EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Vocational/technical diploma, completion of 4-year formal apprenticeship training program, or previous equivalent applicable experience
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Valid driver’s license
REQUIRED WITHIN ONE YEAR OF START DATE:• Respirator training • CPR and first aid training • Confined space training • Electrical Safe Work Practices (ESWP) training • Lock out/tag out training • Arc flash training • Chemical safe handling and PPE use
MINIMUM STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Physical Abilities: Tasks involve the ability to exert medium physical effort which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects, and materials of medium weight (30-50 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
Sensory Abilities: Some tasks require visual and auditory perception and discrimination.
Environmental Requirements Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to hazardous environmental conditions, equipment and work environments. Some tasks are completed in hazardous indoor work environments that will be posted or designated and employees are required to comply with all applicable safety requirements while working in those designated areas. Some tasks are completed outdoors where employees may be exposed to physical hazards characteristic of an outdoor work environment.SALARY RANGE: $17.84 per hour (annualized $37,117) to $29.44 per hour (annualized $61,243) Actual pay will be commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The first review of application submissions will begin on or about February 13, 2017.Tampa Bay Water is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We recognize veteran’s preference as provided by Florida Law and we are committed to a drug free workplace.