How accreditation can benefit your agency
Accreditation is a voluntary and self-motivated, systematic approach to performing an objective assessment for an agency while confirming compliance with the recommended practices as published in the Public Works Management Practices Manual.
Watch as members of the public works community share how APWA’s Accreditation Program has benefited them:
Benefits of becoming an accredited agency include:
- Potential for lowering insurance programs and reduction of infrastructure liability claims.
- Possibility of increased funding approvals for projects from governing body.
- Better understanding of the public works operations by departments and community.
- Likelihood of improved efficiencies.
- Formation of a succession plan.