As a leader, I have exhibited some of these dysfunctions from time to time.
It helps to keep the following in mind:
- Listen to your team and objectively evaluate their feedback and input.
- Experiment with different ways of dealing with people.
- Stay organized. The more organized you are, the better you are at leading others.
- Remain reasonable and consistent when interacting with others.
- Try to see situations from my employees point of view.
- Stay authentic, honest and transparent.
- Find other leaders that inspire you and that effective manage their teams and observe their leadership style.
As with anything worth doing well, leadership is a process of constant improvement. Experiment with different methods and styles until you find one that fits your needs.